What a fun gift idea! Right now get this Insect Lore Butterfly Garden Gift Set with 5 Caterpillars for only $14.99 (Retail $29.99)!
Recommended Ages: 4+ Years with Adult Supervision
This Gift Set offers children, students and families an unforgettable opportunity to watch caterpillars change into chrysalides and then emerge as beautiful Painted Lady Butterflies. Raise and feed your very own butterflies and then release them outdoors! The entire transformation from caterpillar to adult butterfly takes about three weeks.
Gift Set Includes:
(1) 14" Tall and 8" Diameter Tall Reusable Pop-Up Habitat (folds flat when not in use)
(5) Caterpillar larvae in a cup
(1) Super clear mesh to enable up close butterfly viewing
(1) Feeding Pipette
(1) Caterpillars to Butterflies Instruction Guide
(1) Wind-up Butterfly Toy (Styles will vary between Blue Morpho, Monarch, Swallowtail, or Painted Lady)
(1) Mini-Mag Toy (Color/style will vary between Butterfly, Bee, or Snail)
(1) Sponge Butterfly Feeder and Yellow Cup Holder
Insect Lore butterfly habitat is a reusable, cylindrical mesh container perfect for up close butterfly viewing & it folds flat for easy storage. Exciting butterfly-themed bonus items make this butterfly-raising kit the perfect gift!
- Flower-shaped butterfly feeder doubles as a handy cup holder while you watch the incredible growth of your caterpillars
- No need to feed the caterpillars - all of their nutritious food is included in their cup!
- Once your caterpillars become chrysalides, its time to move them to their airy mesh habitat - perfect for butterfly viewing!
- Use the feeding pipette to place delicious sugar water, or nectar, on the sponge in the butterfly feeder; your butterflies will thank you!
- Included is a fun Wind-up Butterfly - this rubber band powered flying toy will keep kids busy with its fun wind and release (color/style of butterfly varies)
- Mini-Mag included is a critter-themed mini magnifier, ideally sized for little hands to grasp or stow in a pocket!
- Mini-Mag features a handy carrying strap for easy toting & the plastic lens is super safe, 1 ½” in diameter, and invites little learners to take a closer look at their caterpillars and butterflies! (color/style varies)
Caterpillar Details & More Information:
- Your caterpillars arrive with all the nutritious food and moisture they need to grow into gorgeous Painted Lady Butterflies
- Ensure that daytime temperatures will be at least 55 degrees Fahrenheit upon release.
- Watch them eat, spin silk, and grow to 10 times their original size!
- When your caterpillars have finished growing and develop into chrysalides, move them to the airy butterfly habitat and watch for the magical moment of emergence
- In seven to ten days they will complete the transformation to adult butterflies
- The entire process from pupa (baby caterpillar) to butterfly takes about three weeks, depending on the temperature and humidity in your area
- Observe and feed your butterflies until it is time to let them fly away!